Mould in Cheese??

Good evening people!

So today what to do about mould in Cheese? Ahah. Let's figure it out together.

Sometimes little whitish spots appear on cheese. This signals the start of unwanted mould. Contrary to the mould used to make Brie or Camembert, this mould is not edible.

If the cheese is firm or hard, you can still eat it as long as you cut off the affected part. Remove a generous amount (at least 1 centimetre surrounding the mouldy part) and throw this section away.

Make sure that there is no mould in the rest of the cheese. Wrap it in new plastic wrap, put it back in the fridge and eat it as soon as possible.

However, if the rind is dry and yellowed and smells like ammonia, the cheese should be discarded.

Throw out any soft or fresh cheese that shows signs of mould (other than the mould used to make bloomy rind cheeses such as Brie and Camembert).

By Dairy Goodness (c) 2016

No comments: